Osum Artist Management provides career development, marketing and administrative support for emerging and mid-career artists, especially QTBIPoC and northern Canadian artists, so that they can be liberated to put more life changing art out into the world.
Osum Artist Management will always strive to:
- Provide the best service in the most efficient and cost-effective manner
Focus on building relationships, community and capacity
Put our clients needs first and be a strong advocate for those needs being met
Deliver services in ways that work for our clients
- Refine and improve our services through client feedback
- Ensure we are working according to our values
Have our clients feel safe, confident and excited in the work we are doing together
- Incorporate trauma-informed, compassion-based and social justice focused practices into all that we do
- Empower our clients with knowledge
- Honour the Indigenous land we live and work on
- Make our work as anti-oppressive as possible including anti-racist, anti-colonial, patriarchy resistant, 2SLGBTQAI+ positive and body and ability positive
To accomplish this goal, we will always:
- Continue to learn new ways to make our services even better
- Continue to learn about and practice social justice
- Practice according to our values
- Have our focus on the greater good of our clients
- Remember WHY we do, what we do
- Continue to work to create a safe and supportive environment in all interactions with our clients
Our core values are:
Osum Artist Management is grateful to make a home and living on Robertson-Huron Treaty territory, the traditional lands of the Anishinabewaki. Chi Miigwetch to all the caretakers of this land in the past, present and future, both documented and undocumented.
Krystal Thompson is a queer, woman and settler of Macedonian and Irish descent. Krystal lived in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Treaty 8 Territory, for 15 years and has worked all across Canada’s North.
The name Osum comes from the Macedonian word for eight, referring to the eight limbs of the octopus - a creature with the power to blend into the background and work behind the scenes.